Necropolis Kit Bash

As seen in Tilea Campaign Part 15 (‘Media Vita in Morte Sumus’).

I wanted to expand the footprint of the GW Necropolis scenery. So I turned each tomb into its own piece with its own base, as well as the statue. Then I modelled a graveyard to go in between the walls instead of the tombs.

Adding extra steps (cut from plastic sprues and other spare bits of scenery) was quite easy …

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERANecropolis3

I cut foam card to do the same trick with the statue, then added some extra gravestones from the Renedra set …

Necropolis2

Meanwhile I modelled a graveyard from Renedra stones, with paths of cardboard and poured PVA for ground …

Necropolis5

The sticking together was nearly done in the next picture …

Necropolis

Joined together the graveyard was better than I had expected …

Necropolis6

Then I began painting. I quite liked the roses on the rails, but have to admit there might be a tad too many skulls there too!

Necropolis9

Grass added and railings all painted …

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Making quite a large ‘spread’ in all.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I hope some of my players manage to push the undead back, then we might have some battles using this terrain!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s